Time to shout

There comes a time when you have to stand up and shout:

This is me damn it! I look the way I look, think the way I think, feel the way I feel , love the way I love! I am a whole complex package. Take me...or leave me. Accept me - or walk away! Do not try to make me feel like less of a person, just because I don't fit your idea of who I should be and don't try to change me to fit your mold. If I need to change, I alone will make that decision.


Saturday, April 16, 2011

Curried Tofu


We have started a new weekly event in our house, Tofu Thursday, or as I like to call it "Tofu Tursday". The greatest thing about this is, I don't have to make it or come up with the recipes. All I have to do is make sure we have the ingredients and place them all on the counter for my "cook" (he has no idea where most things are in my kitchen) to prepare the meal. Our first foray into TT was Curried Tofu with vegetables. I had to struggle not to try to take over in my normal "control freak must do it myself" way. I turned my back, drank my wine, and did my algebra to sounds of sighs and a few grunts and groans. I give him much credit because he asked me questions when he did not know quite what to do. He grated ginger, zested a lime, chopped onions, and cut potatoes, and he did it very well. I seldom do those things when I am cooking, but HE picked the recipe. The aroma of the spices simmering was mouthwatering. I was very impressed with the way he found my little spice bowl and pre-measured all of the spices before cooking. He prepared couscous to go along with it. It turned out not quite spicy enough, or according to him, it needed to be currier. While it was not the typical spicy curry dish, it was really good, filled with sugar snap peas, red peppers, potatoes, and tofu, and having my tall, handsome Cowboy cooking it for me, made it taste like heaven. I am looking forward to next Thursday and what it will bring...whatever it is, I know it will be wonderful, because it was made for me by my CB.

No comments:

Post a Comment